Saturday, February 14, 2009

Unemployed

So

I'm now Unemployed.
It's a little strange to think I won't be going to work on Monday.
I was let go because I was on a casual contract and the work load dwindled
on the positive side if and when the work picks up again they would love to have me back.
I'm trying to look at it as an opportunity to put my self out there and try out new things.

Hoping to get a hospitality job over the festival which starts next week but it's getting very close and I haven't heard back yet.

I've been having a great time since I became unemployed though!
Friday was my last day at work so we went to the pub for lunch, and when i left Mandy and Debbie gave me a huge bag of lollies toblerone and chocolate pictionary! Ah they know me so well.

Friday night we had slow cooked goat for tea, mmmmm, put it in the slowcooker before i went to work so it was so tender it was impossible to cut, had to just pull it apart. A couple of friends came over and helped us demolish it and licked the cauliflower cheese bowl clean!!

On Saturday it was Debbies birthday so I'd arranged to go rock climbing at Vertical Reality an indoor rock climbing place in Holden Hill. Liam hurt his shoulder so directed me from ground level. On my first climb I wondered why i was doing this as the height made me feel shaky and scared but on my 5th climb I was thinking right just put my leg there and straighten, when Leg responds to brain with "Errm No way!" I knew my muscles had had enough and gave up.
It was a really good day but not something I would do every weekend.

We came home and chilled out with a nice Giesen Sav Blanc. and threw together a salad from the leftovers and hot chicken from the chicken shop across the road.

Must check if our lottery tickets won the 14million!

Here's hoping

s.x

1 comment:

Suzer said...

That stinks but I think temp work is easier to find now than it was a couple of months ago. Let me know if you need some agency contacts. See you on the 11th hopefully.