Sunday, July 05, 2009

Banana Choc Chip Muffins



Adapted Recipe from "Muffin Mania" by Cathy Prange and Joan Pauli

3 Ripe Bananas
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Bicarb of Soda
1 tsp baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Plain Flour (I did half plain half wholemeal)
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
(I added a good Shake of Chocolate Chips)

Mash Bananas (I started mashing with a fork but ended up doing it with the blender so had some big lumps and some mush) add Sugar and slightly beaten egg (I just noticed I needed to add an egg so I missed this out and they came out fine)

Add the melted butter

Add the dry ingredients (I added the chocolate chips here) and bake 180ÂșC for 20 min

Makes 9 Large muffins, (I made 12 smaller ones, but should have gone with 9 but I wasn't sure how high they would rise)

Tasty, Not healthy, Ah well.

No comments: