Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Adelaide


Merry Christmas

I spent Christmas with Liam's family and up in the Adelaide hills, we opened a few bigger presents at home and then took the car up the hill to have more present opening and a scrumptious lunch. We had Turkey AND roast pork with roasted stuffed pumpkin, beer bread, roast vegies, purple cabage and the most important cauliflower cheese. after all that food we went for a cooling dip in the pool and I tried out my new rashie (top so stop you getting sunburt when swimming). we chilled out in the evening with the corpse bride dvd, I do love that film.

On boxing day we headed back up to the hills but this time we took our bikes on the train, it's great bikes travel free if there is space. We had lunch with Liams family, amazing chick pea patties but I didn't get the recipe, followed by a bit of wine blending. Liams' sister and her husband were flying out today so we waved them off and set off on our bikes, soon we were going down Shepards hill road past Marion and on to Brighton beach, the beach was really busy and I felt free wheeling was cheating so we followed the coast around to glenelg and took a wiggly bike path back to Richmond rd in the city. All up we rode more than 20km and I am thinking of investing in bike shorts with some padding!!

No comments: