Saturday, December 06, 2008

December

So December is here already. wow.
This week I have mainly been trying to get Christmas presents posted to the UK before the last post on Friday.

So a few weeks ago me and the boy bought bikes. It's great Adelaide is so FLAT!!! there are very few slopes and nothing you could call a hill in the city. I've been riding to work even on night shift as there are so many great Bicycle paths. I got really groovy bike lights which go on the tyre valve so cars can see you from the side mine are mulicoloured. It's only about a 20 minute ride, but I'm feeling so much healthier for it.

Also, having a bike makes me go and do little things like popping to the supermarket on my bike to pick up a few things rather than taking the car or putting it off till we need loads of stuff as riding is so easy!!

We rode to Henley beach where we saw 22 Kite surfers. It was amazing. I'm not sure if it was a competition or something but so many all the way along the coast between west beach and Henley. we stopped for an ice-cream at Henley as we felt we had earned them. After the Henley ride we fitted out cycle computers which are great as they tell you how fast you are going and how far you've ridden which really pushes you to go that little bit further or try a little bit harder.

Yesterday we played Laser tag at zone 3 on South Road. It was great I haven't played since I was at Uni. I ended up 9th out of 20 and our team won 1 out of 3 games. I'd forgotten how much fun and how much energy you use up playing this will have to do this again.

Reading: The Kite Runner
Work: Going on to Afternoon shift
Wine: $2 Cleanskin white Chardonnay from dan Murphy
2star
Moods: on the rise.

No comments: